Please join the Pennsylvanians For Alternatives to the Death Penalty (PADP) for a public forum on jury selection in death penalty cases.
After a short video explaining the different degrees of murder and the components of a capital trial, there will be a mock jury selection process with two prospective “jurors” selected from the audience for questioning by a “prosecutor” and a “defense attorney.”
A panel of clergy, legal and psychological professionals will then talk on capital sentencing law, individual, community values and the ethical balance between civic and individual morality.
– Rev. Eric D. Ash, pastor, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
– Martha Conley, chair, Pennsylvanians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
– Marshall Dayan, Asst. Federal Public Defender
– Rev. Maurine Waun, Unitarian Universalist pastor
– Kipling D. Forbes, psychologist
Admission: Free and open to the public
Where: Monroeville Public Library, 4000 Gateway Campus Blvd
When: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 @ 7:00pm
To reach the Pittsburgh Chapter, please call 412-894-0785.
Please feel free to download and share the flyer: PADP – Jury Forum